FAQs about our Poison Ivy treatment

How does Marie Originals Poison Ivy/ Oak Soap work?

Our natural remedy helps prevent the development of a rash that is caused by exposure to urushiol, the skin-irritating, oily resin found on poison ivy, oak, and sumac. The treatment also provides immediate relief from the itchy and uncomfortable rash caused by these pesky plants, with a completely natural, herbal formula.

 

Does the soap contain any dyes?

Our soap is absolutely free of artificial dyes, synthetic fragrances, petroleum, phthalates, SLS, parabens, and GMO’s. The bentonite clay and sassafras root bark in our soap naturally give it a rich, bold color.

 

Is Poison Ivy contagious?

While the rash itself is not contagious and does not get passed from person to person, poison ivy can spread when urushiol oil has not yet been rinsed off the skin, or if an object you touch has urushiol on it (i.e. gardening gloves).

 

Is it okay to take a hot shower to remove urushiol?

This is not a good idea. Hot showers can worsen the effects of the oil and further the spread. However, once the urushiol oil is removed (or already absorbed), warm showers can be soothing and help relieve the itch.

 

How long do symptoms of Poison Ivy last for?

Typically, poison ivy resolves on its own within a couple of weeks. However, in more serious cases, the symptoms may take longer to fully resolve.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Net Orders Checkout

Item Price Qty Total
Subtotal $0.00
Shipping
Total

Shipping Address

Shipping Methods